Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Review of UnEnchanted


Greetings fellow humans,

This week has flown by; my hope is that it slows down this weekend.

Today I’m reviewing a young-adult novel:

UnEnchanted (an Unfortunate Fairy Tale Book 1) by Chanda Hahn.

                               Here’s the blurb:

Mina Grime is unlucky, unpopular and uncoordinated, that is until she saves her crushes life on a field trip, changing her High School status from loser to hero overnight. But with her new found fame brings misfortune in the form of an old family curse come to light. For Mina is descended from the Brothers Grimm and has inherited all of their unfinished fairy tale business. Which includes trying to outwit a powerful Story from making her it's next fairytale victim.
To break the fairy tale curse on her family and make these deadly occurrences stop, Mina must finish the tales until the very Grimm end.

You can see why I picked the book, actually, there were two reasons: One, it sounded like fun (which it was) and two, it was free…and still is. The characters were believable, the story maintained a steady momentum and it didn’t have the dreaded mid-story sag. I give this story 5 out of 5 stars.  I will definitely read the second book.

If you haven’t already checked out my book Sunshine in Darkness.  It’s on sale right now on Amazon for $0.99.  It has received very good reviews.  I have been singing the “I love reviewers” song this week.  I think it goes G, Am, E, F. Maybe I’ll make a recording of it for you all next week. J

So, that’s it for this week. I’ll leave you with the same questions posed last week:

1. What are the goals of the current project you’re working on?

2. What inspires you?

3. If you could live in a painting or as a character in a movie or a book for a day, who or    what would it be or what would it be and why?


One final note * Look to your left, do you see the Amazon search tool to the side?  I have put that there for you, and for this blog.  If you purchase things (anything) on Amazon regularly, click on this search button and Amazon will give me a small percentage that will go toward giveaways for this blog.J  It doesn’t affect your purchase price or anything like that, it only makes it so I’m able to afford giveaways for you – maybe I should write an “I love Amazon” song too.

4 comments:

  1. Just got the book. Great review Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this book a while ago and was wondering when I should get around to it. I must bump it up on my tbr list if it's that good. Great review.

    What inspires me? Showers. I think of the best stuff in the shower and get more writing done right after one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,
    It was really a fun read...real light and very much a YA book.
    Hey first person to answer a question--yea! And what an honest and simple answer...love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete