Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Greetings


Hello Friends,

This week was filled with goals that at one point or another dropped from “will do” status to “please don’t let me forget about this” status.

 This week’s goals were: work on time-traveling, figure out how this site works, edit the first of my children’s chapter book series and finish the outline for the next book, finish a friend’s book (Nicole Dunlap; see her Miss Nobody book – it’s the first in a series available @ Amazon.com), and start reading the newly released book of another friend, Aubrianna Hunter (Hidden Depths @ Amazon.). But alas, there was this other work that needed to be done–the “hey let’s eat & keep the lights” type–and it got in the way of my weekly goals (then again, I do need electricity to write so it’s all good).

 In addition to work-work, I was still able to spend two wonderful days and nights completing the last edits of my debut novel–Sunshine in Darkness (more on that next week). It was heaven.

The best part of editing is that I get to play God… all those times I’ve left a room wishing I said something better or reacted differently come true when I edit. For instance, who hasn’t regretted ending a sentence with “bitches?” Well, when I’m editing I can easily erase the hateful word and in its place cast a spell where the “bitches” grow a fungus-infected toenail from their upper lip. See, now you want to edit too.

I have no new art to show this week, but I do have some Truth and Beauty to share.

I finished Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. I’m sure most people who grew up in America read this book in high school. But I somehow missed that one. Like Steinbeck’s Travels with Charley, it was a bowl of yummy blueberry granola. The book was honest and engaging all the way through. I felt for George and Lennie, and held my breath at the end until I cried.

I also found this inspiring website called Wattpad, it has new stories in almost every genre. Although, I didn’t see any Amish Romance, but fear not, Amish Romance lovers, you can find that genre at your local Barnes and Noble, or at least I can in San Bernardino. Apparently, people who live in San Bernardino (one of the country’s poorest cities) like to read about Amish love. I guess San Bernardoers can relate to the Amish (or could it be the large bookstore is totally out of touch with the people in our community–hmmmm). Anyways, I digress–back to Wattpad. I read the first couple chapters of a paranormal story called The Happy Zombie Sunrise Home by Naomi Alderman–fun stuff. I hope to get back to Wattpad and finish it next week.

So I guess this week’s search for Truth and Beauty led me to a classic tale and zombies. I plan to hear some local music this weekend. There’s this cute bass-player I like to watch. I mean listen to….

Till next Friday, bitches J

As always, please feel free to comment on any of the books mentioned (or other things).

No comments:

Post a Comment